Information & Communication Technology Services, informally known as ICTS is an integral part of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham which provides computing resources for the university’s research, academic and administrative needs. The department consists of four business units providing IT resources, services and user support.
- Systems Administration
- Network Administration
- Systems Support
- Computing Center Administration
Formed in 2003, ICTS initially brought together several related areas of IT infrastructure and telecommunication as a result of the University’s vision for seamlessly initiating new ventures to integrate Information Technology into teaching, learning and research. Over the years the University has grown substantially in terms of departments and academic programmes as well as in infrastructure.
We manage the general computing facilities which comprise 2000 computers and the supporting amenities like NOC (Network Operation Center), various ISP connections, routers, gateways and firewalls, Wi-Fi networks, E-Learning studios, PABX system and UPS. We support offer students and faculty members for immediate troubleshooting and service their Personal PCs and peripherals.
ICTS now offers consultancy services also at national and international levels with its solid expertise in the area if Information Technology.
- Installation, operation and management of the computer backbone network to the University buildings on all its sites
- Connection of the University’s network to the Internet
- Provision of a central e-mail service for students
- Co-ordination of campus-wide software site licenses
- Provision of the University’s electronic post office
- Operation and management of the telephone and voice-mail services
- Co-ordination of on-line publication on the University website including provision of centralised web-publishing facilities
- Internet access and email services for staff
- Internet access for students
- E-mail list services
- Dial-in access to the campus network and the Internet
- Help Desk